Wednesday, September 20, 2006

how's that ark coming along?

Rain. Pitter patter. Splish splash. Mixed with the occasional midnight deluge. Yes, rain is back in the Pacific Northwest. Not that I mind (yet). I don't have to worry about the outdoor watering schedule, the rain sounds quite peaceful, and I'm off the hook for any yardwork. (The gray...now eventually the constant gray will be maddening. But not yet.)

The only current drawback is with the dogs. I really had no idea just how much energy 2 young adults & 2 8-month old pups can expend! At least now that the majority of their play time is in the house. There is at least one disemboweled squeaky toy strewn about the living room. Muddy paw prints form a new mosaic on the kitchen floor. The cats all stay at least 3 feet off the ground. And... housetraining issues are exacerbated. I swear, I have never had this problem before with pups this age! Case in point: today the good news was that, for the first time, I saw Yoke lift his leg. The bad news? He did it in the den. Ack! I love my dogs, I love my dogs, I love my dogs. Yeah, that's it.

1 comment:

Geek Girl Beck said...

silly poopies! :D