Monday, April 03, 2006

aunt update

Okay the discombobulation isn't all gone, going by the nap I just came out of. Oh well.

I realized today that in the midst of all this craziness I never provided an update on my gravely ill aunt. She's home! The sepsis caused permanent damage to her heart (at least to the extent that she'll be on heart meds for life) and the antibiotics that saved her damaged her hearing so she has to get a hearing aid. She also doesn't remember much since my uncle's funeral...I keep telling her that's just her brain protecting her. (If you almost bled to death from ulcers and then got your body cooked by E.coli all within 6 weeks, would you want to remember?)

So sincere thanks to all those who said a prayer or held a positive thought for her.

1 comment:

Geek Girl Beck said...

Hurray! I'm so happy that she's home and doing much better! Hurray!