Sunday, October 22, 2006

carnage

Three days later, my boys no longer smell of dog spit & blood. I was so proud (of them? of me?) that it had been over 6 weeks since their last "incident". I heard it start in the garage. I ran outside to blast them with the super soaker. No success. I hit them with the super soaker; still no effect (other than to break off a piece of the stupid soaker). So I dragged over the garden hose and turned it on them full bore; I swear it took 15-20 seconds of drenching before they finally broke up. Sopping wet and immensely apologetic, I made them stay outside. (Hold on *they* were wet & apologetic, I was merely pissed. Okay and wet.) No one needed suturing, but for the first time little Yoke got the brunt of it. They *knew* they were in the proverbial doghouse, and for two days it was nothing but "yes ma'am" and "no ma'am".

The morning after the incident, as it is 95.8% of the time, the boys were wrassling in the backyard like happy idiots, the best of buds. Now today is Day 3...let's see how far we get this time.

1 comment:

Geek Girl Beck said...

silly puppy dogs. you show them who's boss!!